Out From Behind the Dispensary

Based on surveys conducted by The Pharmacy Group, which mirrors earlier research conducted at the University of Minnesota and Ohio State University, 42-46% of pharmacists’ time is spent in medication dispensing responsibilities. This may partially explain why less than half (45%) of respondents to a Pharmacy Post survey of pharmacy owners and managers said their pharmacy provides an adequate level of cognitive services, leaving 55% who felt they could be doing more. And why aren’t they doing more? Most pointed to a lack of time (61%), money (56%), pharmacists (40%), and too much time spent on non-pharmacy issues (42%) as the roadblocks preventing them from offering more services. These are all areas where the use of time-saving pharmacy technology can help.

download pdf